Beauty and wellness sounds like a big job but it doesn’t have to be. Some of the best ways to care for your skin are also the simplest and can be done with very little hassle.
Healthy skin is a sign of a healthy body. When something is wrong internally, it may show in your skin. Pimples and blackheads signify that something is off balance internally. In addition, lack of proper vitamins can lead to dry skin.
Beauty and wellness begins at the basic level. Before applying makeup, make sure your skin is in its best shape by giving it the care it needs internally and externally. Here are a few suggestions to help you do that.
1. Drink plenty of water each day. Water gives your body an internal shower. The body is around 90 percent water anyway. It takes a lot to replenish what the body uses and what you lose everyday through perspiration and urination. Nutritionists recommend eight to ten glasses but you can drink as much water as you can handle. Water moisturizes the skin from the inside. To keep it interesting, infuse your water with the seasons best spices. For example, in Autumn, try adding apples, pears, cinnamon sticks or ginger.
2. Get exercise. This may be easier said than done for moms with small children. Give baby a day out with a jaunt in a jog stroller. Even if you are walking, these strollers are designed to absorb shock so baby stays comfortable. Exercise improves circulation, oxygen utilization in the body and flexibility in the muscles. It also helps you to maintain a healthy weight.
3. Go to sleep. Lack of sleep doesn’t just scramble your brain. Skin begins to show signs of stress. During sleep, the body’s cells go to work repairing damage done during the day. Without restorative sleep, you don’t get an internal body makeover. For your skin, this means wrinkles, dry patches and a dull sheen. Exercise also helps you sleep deeper and more restful. If your kids wake up early in the morning, prepare to go to bed when they do to get at least seven to eight hours a night.
4. Eat more raw foods. Processed foods contain chemicals and preservatives that the body was never meant to digest. Maybe that is why we suffer such stomach upset from certain foods. Foods in their natural state like fruits and vegetables are power-packed with nutrients to meet your daily needs. Instead of a glass of apple juice, reach for the apple itself. You’ll ingest a good amount of fiber to keep you regular and less hungry as you run after your kids.
5. Use natural products for nourishment and don't forget sunscreen when you head outdoors. Did you know that our skin absorbs about 60% of toxins from beauty products. On top of that it only takes about 30 seconds for it to enter your bloodstream. Natural products are beneficial for your health but they are also proven to be effective. Toxins as well as too much sun without protection can lead to premature aging.
Want to keep your skin looking amazing? Try these suggestions and reveal the natural glow in your skin.